- Boston, MA
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining effective customer support by providing service to all Company machinery at a customer’s location under limited supervision at INDEX Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibits an enthusiasm to learn and an interest in gaining new machine technical knowledge
- Completes all required training and assessments with passing scores
- Attends and successfully completes all assigned training courses
- Completes final training program assessment successfully
- Adheres to all INDEX safety policies
- Coordinates with mentor travel arrangements, travel plans, and arrival time to customer site
- Builds professional relationships with INDEX team members
- Establishes and maintains proficiency in using test equipment used for machine maintenance
- Adheres to all customer and INDEX-specified safety requirements
- Submits all service paperwork and expenses weekly, and on time
- Maintains a neatly organized, clean and safe work area
- Maintains profiency in note taking and Microsoft Office products
- Understands the interpersonal skills required for customer interactions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Mechanical and or electrical aptitude. Basic knowledge of hand tools. Customer service experience in any setting. Two years of related experience and/or training is required. Two or more years of additional technical school education or equivalent work experience in mechanical, hydraulic, and/or electronic systems maintenance repair is preferred. Technical military experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; and walk. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without an assistive device.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to our Human Resource Manager, Robin Shoemaker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.