- Southern California
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining effective customer support by providing service to all Company machinery at a customer’s location under limited supervision at INDEX Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acquires and maintains proficiency on all product lines
- Becomes knowledgeable of INDEX software tools
- Provides remote technical support via phone, email, and tele service
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machinery malfunctions at customer site
- Execute installs, repairs, inspections, sets ups and tests on two machine product lines targeted by Regional Service Manager, with minimal guidance of senior and lead service technician
- Dismantles defective components, equipment or parts, and installs, adjusts and tests new or repaired parts to INDEX standards
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings gears and other parts of machinery
- Installs, creates machine archives, repairs electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment such as transformers and wiring
- Installs and repairs hydraulic, coolant or pneumatic systems that are associated with machinery
- Returns all remaining parts with the correct paperwork and packaging to INDEX’s office
- Submits all service paperwork and expenses weekly, and on time
- Provides INDEX team with daily updates
- Maintains a neatly organized, clean and safe work area
- Adheres to all customer and INDEX-specified safety requirements
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and integrity while working on the customer site or in the office
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in electronics, hydraulics or other mechanical-related field; and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment where field service skills were essential to the overall operations of the organization is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; and walk. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without an assistive device.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to our Human Resource Manager, Robin Shoemaker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.